Monday, December 14, 2009

My nine-month old baby has a facial rash, HELP!?

Thanks for reading. Several weeks ago, my baby developed a small, round, red rough patch of skin on her face. I tried using several things to get it to go down, but it kept getting worse. Recently it spread to her cheeks and became crusty %26amp; inflamed. I took her to the first doctor, who said it was a bacterial infection %26amp; prescribed oral antibiotics %26amp; cream. The next day it was worse, so I took her to another doctor who said it was eczema %26amp; to use a moisturiser. The next morning she woke up and her eye was swollen %26amp; red, so I took her to a third doctor, who said it was school sores (which it isn't). He said to stop the antibiotics %26amp; use steriod cream. He suggested oral steriods if the cream didn't work %26amp; since a cream wouldn't help the eye, I asked for the oral, which seems to help temporarily. My question is, what is it really and what causes it to flare up? I just think it's getting better and then out of nowhere, it flares up again! No doctor can tell me what's causing it!My nine-month old baby has a facial rash, HELP!?
I hate to tell you this, but it does sound like infantile eczema. My daughter has it pretty bad and it is like fighting an uphill battle. From what I understand, a baby can get it if either of their parents has allergies, asthma, sensitive skin, or eczema itself. Most times the eczema will just go away by about the age of 3. It will go away and then out of no where just flare-up worse than the last time.





A few things to try if you haven't already;





Make sure when you bathe her you use luke-warm water. Warm or hot water will only make it worse.





You can use Aveeno oatmeal bath and let her sit in the water for a bit, that might help is she is itchy.





Be sure that all of the products that you use for her, lotions, laundry soap, softeners, are Dye Free/Perfume Free/Hypo-allergenic. I buy All Free and Clear, Bounce Free and Clear, and Oxy Clean Free and Clear for laundry. Aveeno baby actually makes an eczema lotion and body wash and you can get it at Target. Sometimes they have it at Wal-Mart and sometimes no.





Be sure to keep her as cool as comfortable for her. Heat will make her breakout worse.





Avoid itchy fabrics.





You should talk to her doctor but you can give her Baby Benydryl, you'll have to talk to the Dr to find out how much.





Health wise this really doesn't pose a health risk to her other than if she scratches it that part can get infected. She may have sensitive skin all her life but she'll grow out of how it is now. You don't want to use steriod creams on her for a long time because they can cause adrenal failure in little ones.





I hope this helps! All the best to you and your little one!My nine-month old baby has a facial rash, HELP!?
I have no idea what it could be but if no doctor can figure it out, maby you can have one make you an appointment for a dermatologist. Also, its not good to go see dr after dr after dr. Some times, no, lots of times doctors dont hit things right on the nose so you have to keep working with them. If you keep switching doctors then things get confusing.
you know what i'm gonna tell u the truth i didnt even read the story i just read the title and ..look honey for a problem like this dont come asking for help on web where peole is gonna take there time and answer u ..u migth never find the rite answer on here u migth do..but i think u should take the child to a clinci or hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment