Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Does this happen to any other guys? Facial hair makes my face break out in an itchy rash-like form.?

For a long time I had problems shaving, both with an electric and single blade. I finally have that down now, using a single blade. Every once in a while I like to take a few days break from shaving. Every time I do by the third day there is a red, itchy rash in my beard area. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, is there anything I can do so I can grow out a beard? I know some might say give it some more time, it will go away, but the longer I do it just gets worse. If not, I assume I need to constantly shave so the hair doesn't irritate my skin. Thanks for any suggestions. Does this happen to any other guys? Facial hair makes my face break out in an itchy rash-like form.?
I'm not a guy, but I do shave various areas of my own person. This sounds like razor rash, possibly brought on by ingrown hairs (hairs that, when they grow back, curve inward into the skin instead of outward and away). Have you tried an aftershave skin conditioner? Have the razors you've used been hypo-allergenic? You may have a sensitivity to specific metals, which can cause your skin to react with a rash-like series of bumps. Does this happen to any other guys? Facial hair makes my face break out in an itchy rash-like form.?
Without actually seeing what you are talking about its sort of hard to say what the cause is. It could be razor burn, normally it takes more than shaving every third day to cause it but, if your skin is really sensitive that could be it. It could also be in-grown hairs, it may seem like a dumb question but, do you shave with the grain, or against it? Do you use aftershave, maybe that would help. Another thought is using a shaving gel like Aveeno, it has oatmeal in it which is supposedly really good for the skin, it can be found pretty much any where (including WalMart) and is priced about the same as other shaving gels and creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment