Monday, December 14, 2009

How do i know if my one month old's facial rash warrant a doctor's call?

My baby has ';prickly-heat'; kind of a rash on both her ears , under her chin and lower cheeks. She's not itching and they don't look red or swollen. I always clean her face with warm water and dry it whenever she vomits/spits up. What could have caused this, and is this something to be concerned about?How do i know if my one month old's facial rash warrant a doctor's call?
it is most likely caused by her spit ups irritating her skin but it doesn't hurt to go and see a doctor to double check.How do i know if my one month old's facial rash warrant a doctor's call?
it very well could be an allergic reaction to a soap you're using or something that's touching her skin. I would call the doctor anyhow since your baby girl is only one month old. Babies at this age can have extremely sensitive skin. Better to be safe than sorry.
my pediatrician says to go in for any rash - just to make sure - even if you think you know the cause





the only part I don't understand is the rash on his ears - the rest seems pretty common areas to get rashy though





good luck!
In any situation if you are concerned go to her pediatrician...it never hurts to check up...even if its just to reassure a new mommy
Alays ask a doctor. But I know most baies get ';rashes'; after a few weeks because of the hormones that are leaving the body. It carries the hormones from you when you was still carrying it and it's just slowly getting out of the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment