Monday, December 14, 2009

How do you treat facial skin rash from allergies?

I have had bad eczema on my face before, particularly my mouth and eyelids, also ear lobes and standard inside of arms, behind the knees, then still everywhere else. This was 1996-8 timeframe.





For your face, be careful what you use. Check with a dermatologist before using any steroid creams. I was once frustrated with a dermatologist I'd been seeing because the no-bath-washes were not helping my terrible itching. I had not yet seen an allergist and had no thoughts about it being allergies. I saw a dermatologist who gave me level 7 steroid diprolene in 40gm tubes with several refills. This was bad.





Even though he said it can thin your skin and not to use it around the eyes, he let me have it. He didn't express the strength as being the strongest stuff and severity of the consequences. I was not offered any lower-level steroids either... Diprolene is what they dab on you after hives from allergy skin prick testing and the tube is the size of a child's finger, but shorter. I didn't learn this until I'd been using it for many, many months. To this day if I scratch my arm, my chest, you can see blood through my skin very quickly. The skin as an entire organ thins, even if you've never put that steroid on that part of your body. I am sure I have more wrinkles because of it, at age 35.





As for general care, I have issues with a lot of beauty products - I actually try not to wash my face with anything but lots of warm water or a baby wash that doesn't irritate my skin, and I always put petroleum jelly on afterwards. After a warm bath, use cool water and pat your face dry. For your body if you use baby oil before you dry off, it can help keep your skin moist - I'd still use petroleum jelly after the oil during those years and it would help immensely. Be generous with the moisturizers. (change your oily towels out every time) Be gentle with the eye area. I still use petroleum jelly, but I just try not to rub the area too much.





I hope whatever is causing your rashes, you can avoid completely, and save yourself the hassle and discomfort.





Good luck!How do you treat facial skin rash from allergies?
Allergies and skin rashes are cause by weak immune system. Steroids, soaps and lotions will relieve the symptoms only for some time and with possible side effects. I suggest you to consider natural treatment methods for your condition.





You can read this comprehensive article about overcoming eczema and allergies by using natural treatment:





http://www.getbest.info/natural-cure-for鈥?/a>





Good luck!How do you treat facial skin rash from allergies?
depends if it's really an allergy, can try hydrocortisone cream over the counter, dove soap, no triclosan, deodorant or antibacterial soaps please. can take benadryl 25-50mg oral dose every 6-8 hours, will make you very , very sleepy if not used to it, if no results in 36-48hours or sx worse, need to see dermatologist. wash your hands, no face make up, use only your wash cloth, warm to cool water, usually an allergy is itchy. can be blistery, painful, red, if pus definitely see a doctor right away or if it spreads, or you start to lose hair or vision or swallowing problems, go to ER asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment