Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Daughter has been battling an ongoing facial rash just on the corner of her mouth, for about 3 months!?

So, we went to the DR on Friday and was prescribed an antibiotic that she is apparently allergic to so we had to stop use of it. So, we were told to wait until monday to have another antibiotic called in and to keep applying cortisone to the affected area 2 times per day- But, I have a question- Would it be ok to apply diluted Hydrogen-Peroxide to the affected area? Would it harm her? I was just thinking this might reduce the redness and dry it out? Anyways, Just curious! Thanks!





PS- I WILL call the DR on Monday and make sure I can do so, but, just wondering what you ladies think- Or, if you have ever applied Hydrogen-Peroxide to a facial rash...Thanks!My Daughter has been battling an ongoing facial rash just on the corner of her mouth, for about 3 months!?
Lilah has a rash in the same spot and has for about a month or so now. She is teething, I know for sure b/c she has a little white spot and I can also feel the tooth, but can't quite see it yet, I can just feel a little sharp spot.





Are you sure your daughter isn't teething? That it's just not a teething rash?





Here's a link about teething rashes and there is a link in the paragraph of a baby with a teething rash so maybe you can compare and see if that is what your daughter's looks like.





http://www.babytipsonline.com/Teething-T…





I don't know about the peroxide, but I would try some vaseline as they suggest. It wouldn't hurt anything. I do know vaseline works like magic on Lilah's diaper rashes. Good luck girl!





Edit: Here is advice from Dr. Sears on a teething rash (if that's what it is)





Drool rash – your baby may get a red, raised rash on the face, lips, chin, neck, and chest. Gently wash with warm water and pat dry. A lanolin ointment is a good treatment.





Here's the link: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T083000…





How old is your daughter? Does she have any teeth yet?





Edit again: Hey! lol...Ya I was just coming back to edit b/c I just looked at your profile and feel like a retard! haha....I saw that it says she's 16.5 months old and I realized you would already know if it was a teething rash or not, as it's obvious she has teeth by her age! oops, lol my bad! But it probably still wouldn't hurt to use vaseline, until you get/call to the dr. on monday. I don't think it would hurt to try anyways. I hope you get the other rash figured out b4 it's beach time!!! (I read your previous question) **fingers crossed**My Daughter has been battling an ongoing facial rash just on the corner of her mouth, for about 3 months!?
I apply Aveno cortisone cream to my sons mouth rash, and it disappears within days. I am not sure if our babies have the same type of rash, our pediatrician said it was just baby eczema and that his rash is going to come and go. The cream is harmless to try but I really recommend it, as it helped me a lot :)





good luck





p.s. i'm not sure about applying diluted hydrogen peroxide, it might be too strong for her tender skin.
My son has had a rash in the same spot pretty much all winter. It is from teething and sucking his thumb. The only thing my doctor said to do was put some vaseline on it because it was just irritated from the drool and dry weather. (I know, weird combo). Are they sure this is an infection or something and not just some dry skin? I wouldn't put hydrogen peroxide on it as that might irritate it more.
No, I would not. Peroxide is too strong. My daughter had a rash at the same location on her face. Dr. prescribed the same thing. But it never really went away until her tooth erupted. I believe it to be a teething rash. It has now been two month and It has not returned. Keep it clean until you receive the prescription.
  • skin cancer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment